Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:15:38
Mike Peacock of the “Who’s Been Messin’ Up the Bulletin Board?” Chapter provides us with a little more insight into why Elinor Donahue left TAGS after only one season.
Robbie Curlee gives us some behind the scenes information about a near meeting with/sighting of Andy Griffith in Mt. Airy, NC.
We have ONE rating on iTunes but there are only 11 subscribers using iTunes so that’s 9% . “Fife” gave us a 5 star rating and I’m thankful for that. We’d love to have more ratings so if you’re one of the 11 subscribers using iTunes go give us a good rating and a review.
Janet who goes by Thelma Lou on the WBMUTBB Digest had this to say about episode 11: I especially enjoyed your most recent podcast with the interview with Elinor Donahue (though I listen to and enjoy all of them). And adding “Away in a Manger” at the end was the perfect touch!
Romeena from over at The Taylor’s Front Porch (shownotes will have the link) had this to say: Hey, Floyd. Great podcast. Very down-home, friendly and welcoming. Makes me proud to know ya!
Dave, who goes by “Gomer in Glasgow” wrote in to remind me that he was around early in the life of the WBMUTBB Chapter like Jack Felenzer and Kevin Johnson. And he says: have a Merry Christmas an a Happy New Year……Lotsa Luck ta you an’ yers….Gomer in Glasgow
Brian from Stevensville, MD wrote in to say: Greetings Alan! What was it like meeting Hoke Howell in Judge Laird’s “Mayberry Room” in Anniston, Alabama? What did he talk about? Curious. Thanks!
Chief Master-At-Arms Paul Balmer presented to me on behalf of the fans of The Andy Griffith Show and of this podcast a flag that was actually flown over the Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan. This is BIG for me and I believe it will be to you, the listener, as well. Paul and the troops serving with him are in our prayers. Thank you, Paul, for this great honor.
Please let us hear from you! We would love to hear your comments, questions, and Mayberry experiences so send them in either by leaving comments on our website, e-mail me (floyd@iMayberry.com), or use our toll-free number to add your voice to the podcast. No…I’m not giving out the number here..you have to listen to the podcast to get the number (sneaky ain’t I).
- Who’s Been Messin’ Up the Bulletin Board? Chapter website – See what the WBMUTBB Digest (daily e-mail) has for you by visiting the WBMUTBB Digest Archives
- Andy’s Homeplace – Stay in the Mount Airy home where he lived during his adolescence until his high school graduation.
- Go directly to the TCNW podcast iTunes site (if you have iTunes) and give us a rating and review.
- Visit The Taylor’s Front Porch for some fun Mayberry conversation and say “hey” to Romeena
- Make plans to go on the Cruise to Mayberry 4 12-17 October 2009. Not sure about a cruise, check out the photos from past cruises.
- Read the Hoke Howell story in My Sen-tence Online Newsletter of the “Mother Figure” Chapter of TAGSRWC.
Two Chairs No Waiting is brought to you by WeaversDepartmentStore.com.