Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:15:09
Mitch Jayne, a Dillards founder and the bass-playing Darling boy in Mayberry, passed away August 2, 2010. Mayberry fans are grateful for his friendship and all the joy & inspiration he brought to people all over the world. Mitch was a master storyteller and humorist as well as as a musician. Read more about Mitch and share your thoughts as well.
Born July 5, 1928, Mitch Jayne is someone that all fans of The Andy Griffith Show will miss. The stories he shared from the stage at Mayberry events are priceless and are second only to the music he was such an important part of giving to us all. Thank you, Mitch, the the fun and the everlasting music.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- RONNIE ELLIS: Remembering an old friend (article)
- Jayne influenced music world (article)
- Mitch Jayne: Ozarks Storyteller (video interview)
- Mitch Jayne, By Kathryn Love and Diana Jayne (article)
- Remembering Mitch Jayne (Photo Album) –
- http://sites.google.com/site/mitchjayne1/home – You’ll want to go and read this page. Down toward the very bottom is a wonderful account of Mitch Jayne’s life and passing by his wife Diana.
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Two Chairs No Waiting Shop