Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:13:21
Mayberry Christmas to all! Lets have some fun and sing along with “Barney the Mayberry Deputy” (Sung to the tune “Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer). The lyrics are below.
We also get to hear Miss Ellie sing Away in a Manger for the close of the podcast. I hope this episode brings to mind the joy of the Christmas season no matter what time of year you happen to be listening.
Barney the Mayberry Deputy
(Sung to the tune “Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer”)
Barney the Mayberry deputy,
Had a very shiny badge,
And when he cleaned his bullet,
He would use liquid Pledge.
All of the other deputies,
Tried but it just wasn’t the same,
They couldn’t match ole Barney,
Tiger Fife was his name.
Then one foggy Christmas Eve,
Andy came to say,
Barney with your build so right,
Won’t you be our Santa tonight.
My how the folks there loved him,
Andy, Opie, Ellie and Aunt Bee,
Barney the Mayberry Deputy,
You’ll go down in History!!!
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- Newsome’s Christmas Card 2010 – You can also see all our past cards at the The Ghosts of Christmas Past.
- Mayberry Fan Fiction - Here’s a trip back to Mayberry using your mind and the written word. You’ll love reading these stories and traveling back to “our hometown.” If you have a story of your own that’s about Mayberry and the friends that we find there, please submit them to us for placement here so that other fans can enjoy your talents.
- Lost Episode–An Unforgettable Christmas© – Join your Mayberry Friends as they again visit the holiday season. Written and copyright by Joe Gritton. You can download or read online. (28.0KB) Rich Text Format (.rtf) file. (Most word processors will read this format.)
- Opie’s Christmas Wish © – The 2nd new script written and copyright by Jeff Gainer. Yours to download or read online and enjoy. (10.7KB) Rich Text Format (.rtf) file. (Most word processors will read this format.)
- Ronnie Felker – Christian Speaker and Impersonator
- David Morris – – Ernest T.’s real life son may not be throwing rocks but he is “playing” rock. David Morris, son of Howard Morris, has been busy recording a solo rock album dedicated to his dad. Many folks won’t know that “Ernest T.” started out as a drummer and bought David a drum set when he was about 10. Check out and purchase David’s “rock” album called “Picture an Accident” by visiting the albums web site.
- Video Version of this podcast episode on YouTube
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #115: David Morris
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Two Chairs No Waiting Shop