Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:18:43
Professor Brower concludes his interview with Jim Clark and Ken Beck. If you messed the last episode, go back and give part one of this interview a listen because we already found out where The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club (TAGSRWC) got its name, how Beck & Clark became friends, and why TAGSRWC had a newsletter. That’s just some of what we learned.
In this episode we find out how the guys became writing partners, why they write cookbooks, how Mayberry has impacted their lives and so much more.
We own Jim and Ken so much for the things Mayberry fans have had the chance to share with one another over the years. Without these guys this podcast would most likely not exist nor would iMayberry.com or so many other things we, as fans, take for granted.
Thank you Jim Clark and Ken Beck. You’ve been a blessing to us all.
As review from last week:
Jim Clark is the “Presiding Goober” and one of the founding members of TAGSRWC.
Ken Beck is a journalist who worked for “The Tennessean” where he edited the “Sunday Showcase” until he stepped away from his 31 years with the Nashville, TN paper.
Together Beck & Clark have touched Mayberry fans everywhere with their books about The Andy Griffith Show. I know you’ll enjoy hearing from them as “Professor” Brower draws wonderful information from them.
Neal, of course, has a wonderful book of his own called “Mayberry 101″ that you will not want to miss. Neal was the focus of two episodes of this podcast so after you finish listening to him interview Beck & Clark, head back to episodes 50, 51, and 52 to hear his story.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- Gomer’s Crossword Fill ‘er Up – Folks enjoyed Emma’s crossword so well that we figured we ought to add another one. This one was created back in 1993 by Lavell Hall. This puzzle first appeared in the October 31, 1993 edition of the TAGSRWC Newsletter, The Bullet.
- Emma’s Jaywalking Crossword - This terrific crossword was created by Sue Wilkerson, founder of the “I’m in It for Keeps” chapter in Albertville, AL. This puzzle first appeared in the January 28, 1995 edition of the TAGSRWC Newsletter, The Bullet. There is an “online” interactive version as well as one you can print out. Enjoy!!
- Neal Brower – All TCNW episodes related to Neal Brower can be found here. Episodes 50, 51, and 52 are his interview.
- The eBullet - The Official Newsletter of “The Andy Griffith Show” Rerun Watchers Club (TAGSRWC). Check out the archives and subscribe to make sure you don’t miss any issues.
- Jim Clark – Jim is the heart and soul of The Andy Griffith Show Rerun Watchers Club so check out iMayberry.com but don’t forget about WeaversDepartmentStore.com because he’s “Bert Miller” too.
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #142: Jan Newsome
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting