Host: Allan Newsome
Special Guest co-Host: Jan Newsome
Running time: 0:19:44
Those of you who aren’t able to attend the “live” recording of Two Chairs No Waiting on Monday nights may never have heard of a song called, “The Andy Griffith Show of Women.” Well, I recently received permission from David Staples, the writer & performer, to play the song on the podcast.
In David’s own words, “The most sincere compliment you could give a woman is to compare her to the greatest show of all time.” September 5, 2011 is my 19th wedding anniversary so what better compliment can I pay Jan than to compare her to The Andy Griffith Show.
We’re also going to talk about the upcoming Mayberry Days event in Mt. Airy, NC. Mayberry Days is an annual gathering of fans of The Andy Griffith Show and occurs the last full weekend in September each year.
Follow me on Twitter if you use twitter. I’ve been posting all kinds of Mayberry things there as another way to let folks know about The Andy Griffith Show.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- The Andy Griffith Show of Women (YouTube) – The most sincere compliment you could give a woman is to compare her to the greatest show of all time. Written and performed by David Staples
- Mayberry Days – Mayberry Days is a festival for the whole family with activities and events for the fans who long for the days when life was simple and the sheriff didn’t carry a gun.
- Mayberry Days (Follow on Facebook)
- Andy Griffith Museum – The museum opened on September 26, 2009 with an official ribbon cutting during the 20th celebration of Mayberry Days. The items on display have been collected over nearly a lifetime by Emmett Forrest, who grew up in Mount Airy with Andy Griffith.
- Andy Griffith Museum (Follow on Facebook)
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #152: Jan Newsome
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting