Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:58:00
Thank you for joining me for the Mayberry Bible Study Podcast.
Download the full lesson plan so you can follow along as you listen to the study.
Barney tries to push Andy into marriage by parading the bachelorettes of Mayberry in front of him. When that seems to fail, Barney sets him up on a “blind date” with Opie’s teacher.
Some of the points we’ll hit during this study are below. For a complete list, download the lesson plan.
- Gossip doesn’t benefit anyone (Proverbs 11:13, 18:6-8, and 26:18-20)
- Busybodies stir up trouble although they may not realize it (Proverbs 16:27-29)
- Nothing worthwhile is easy (Romans 5:3-5 and 15:4, 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Trust in the Lord (Psalm 118:8, Hebrews 6:12 )
- A Wife for Andy – More information about this episode (and all the others) of The Andy Griffith Show can be found at Mayberry.info.
- The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons From a Simpler Time by Joey Fann – Weaver’s Department Store, this is a truly wonderful book inspired by the creator of the Mayberry Bible Study that has been sweeping the country.
- BarneyFife.com – Website originally created in 1998 to provide information about Joey Fann’s inspirational study based on themes from The Andy Griffith Show.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast mailing list – If you’re interested in receiving news about it and would like to be part of the actual studies, please go to the link and sign up for the mailing list for the podcast so I can keep you informed about upcoming episodes.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast Facebook Page – Follow us on Facebook
- iMayberry Community – Chapel & Mayberry Bible Study Group