Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:34:23
I’ve been going through my old 8mm video tapes and ran across the 1994 Mayberry Squad Car Rendezvous (I mistakenly said 1993 during the podcast). Finding things like this is like Christmas coming early because this video has almost an hour of interviews with Howard Morris, Betty Lynn, and Jean Carson that, unless you were there, most Mayberry fans will never have heard.
It’s always fun to find things like this to share with you because it’s original content you won’t get anywhere else. This is part 1 of 2. Below is a list of the questions you’ll hear addressed on this episode.
- Favorite Episode?
- What was Aunt Bee like?
- Do you ever see/talk to Andy?
- Howard, how were you chosen to be on The Show of Shows?
- Do you know Mr. Schwamp’s real name? (Nobody knows his name.)
- Does Howard have kids/grandkids as wiry as he is?
- Why did Thelma Lou love Barney?
- What did Daphnie think about Andy/what attracted her to Andy?
- Did Richard Linke’s wife play parts on TAGS? (The cast didn’t know but she wasn’t on the show.)
- Howard, were you a director or an actor first? What did you direct?
- Do you ever run into the “Darling” clan?
- Did you enjoy making Return to Mayberry?
- How is Don Knotts health?
- Betty, what was Thelma Lou’s occupation?
- Barney can’t sing….
- Tim Allen was on an award show and thanked Howard Morris, was that you?
- Betty, did you ever have a relationship with Don Knotts outside the set?
- Howard, were you married at the time the shows were being produced?
- Do you three watch the old episodes?
- Jean, which role did you like the best? Fun Girl or escaped convict?
- What’s your favorite episode?
- Is your personality similar to the character on the show?
- Did Andy ever ask any of you to be on Matlock?
- Any contact with Jim Nabors?
- When Jeff Pruitt came to town looking for a wife we saw a different side of Barney.
- Could Howard Morris do Ole Aunt Maria?
- Did you do much improvising during the shows or stay with the script?
Sign up for the Two Chairs E-mail Mailing List
Don’t forget to sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting e-mail mailing list. I want to be able to reach out to you if there’s a problem with the website and the best way to do that is by using a mailing list. Don’t worry, I won’t be filling your mailbox with e-mail but I would like to have a way to say “hey” if the need arises.
Follow me on Twitter if you use twitter. I’ve been posting Mayberry things there as another way to let folks know about The Andy Griffith Show.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- Sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast mailing list
- iMayberry Community – http://imayberrycommunity.com/
- The Mayberry Historical Society – http://www.mayberry.info/
- The Mayberry Channel on YouTube.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/mayberrycom
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #288: Fans of TAGS
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting