Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:20:57
Set in Rachel Kansas, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken is one of my favorite Don Knotts movies. That could be because so many folks from Mayberry showed up in this, Mr. Knotts first movie after leaving The Andy Griffith Show.
The first is, of course, Don Knotts as Luther Heggs but lets start of with the behinds the scenes folk. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was written by Jim Fritzell and Everett Greenbaum. Andy Griffith also helped re-write the script but is uncredited for his efforts.
That is only the beginning of the connections and fun trivia related to Mayberry and Don Knotts first movie following The Andy Griffith Show. Turns out there was so much that this will be the first of two episodes of Two Chairs No Waiting that we’ll do on The Ghost and Mr. Chicken.
Follow me on Twitter if you use twitter. I’ve been posting Mayberry things there as another way to let folks know about The Andy Griffith Show.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- Behind the scenes of the Universal Studio – http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/backlot/street_colonial_2.html
- kiddiematinee.com – http://www.kiddiematinee.com/g-gmchicken.html – The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
- Great information on TGAMC house can be found -
- Wikipedia The Ghost and Mr. Chicken - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ghost_and_Mr._Chicken
- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken iMDB.com – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059221/
- Photos talked about on Two Chairs No Waiting 159 – http://on.fb.me/taGaIu
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #159: Kelly Mutschler
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting