Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:22:58
This episode we’ll tackle a few questions from listeners and hear feedback from others. The main topic that I believe will interest you is our discussion of the 40 Acres backlot where the external shots from The Andy Griffith Show were filmed.
There’s a GREAT website devoted to 40 Acres called RetroWeb.com. Fans of The Andy Griffith Show and many other TV shows film in the 1950’s and 1960’s will enjoy the trip through memory lane when you take the virtual tour of the backlot created on the RetroWeb site. You may also notice homes and locations used on a little movie called “Gone With the Wind” if you look around a bit.
If 40 Acres doesn’t interest you, then stick around and you can at least learn more about me (your host) as I answer a question about how I got started as Floyd. If that really interest you, check out the interview done with me on back in episodes 144 thru 146. The link is in the notes below.
Sign up for the Two Chairs E-mail Mailing List
Don’t forget to sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting e-mail mailing list. I want to be able to reach out to you if there’s a problem with the website and the best way to do that is by using a mailing list. Don’t worry, I won’t be filling your mailbox with e-mail but I would like to have a way to say “hey” if the need arises.
Follow me on Twitter if you use twitter. I’ve been posting Mayberry things there as another way to let folks know about The Andy Griffith Show.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- RetroWeb.com 40 Acres – http://www.retroweb.com/40acres.html
- RetroWeb.com 40 Acres Tour – http://www.retroweb.com/40acres_tour.html
- RetroWeb.com 40 Acres “Gone With the Wind” – http://www.retroweb.com/40acres_gwtw.html
- Allan Newsome interview (episode 144-146) – http://imayberry.com/podcasts/tag/allan-newsome/
- Sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast mailing list
- iMayberry Community – http://imayberrycommunity.com/
- The Mayberry Historical Society – http://www.mayberry.info/
- The Mayberry Channel on YouTube.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/mayberrycom
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #285: Jan Newsome
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting