Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:50:23
Thank you for joining me for the Mayberry Bible Study Podcast.
Download the full lesson plan so you can follow along as you listen to the study.
Opie likes a pretty girl from school, Karen Burgess, but she doesn’t seem
to care for him. Andy, Barney, and Thelma Lou try to pick up his spirits in their own
way. However, Thelma Lou’s special attention toward Opie makes Barney jealous.
Some of the points we’ll hit during this study are below. For a complete list, download the lesson plan.
- Mentoring – Isaiah 64:8
- An Open Mind and a Trusting Heart – Opie and Karen – Exodus 33:13-15, Psalm 23
- The Danger of Wrong Motives (Be a Mentor, Not Tormentor)– Barney – Php. 2:3-4
- The Importance of Pure Motives – Thelma Lou – 1 Thessalonians 5:14-15
- Positive Parenting – Andy and God – Proverbs 22:6, Psalm 86:11
- The Rivals – More information about this episode (and all the others) of The Andy Griffith Show can be found at Mayberry.info.
- The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons From a Simpler Time by Joey Fann – Weaver’s Department Store, this is a truly wonderful book inspired by the creator of the Mayberry Bible Study that has been sweeping the country.
- BarneyFife.com – Website originally created in 1998 to provide information about Joey Fann’s inspirational study based on themes from The Andy Griffith Show.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast mailing list – If you’re interested in receiving news about the Bible study and would like to be part of the actual studies, please go to the link and sign up for the mailing list for the podcast so I can keep you informed about upcoming episodes.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast Facebook Page – Follow us on Facebook
- iMayberry Community – Chapel & Mayberry Bible Study Group