Two Chairs No Waiting 62: The Magical Christmas Card

by Floyd on December 15, 2009

Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:12:01

Two Chairs No Waiting

Two Chairs No Waiting

Christmas time is here so I thought I’d discuss the one and only Christmas episode of The Andy Griffith Show.

“Who’s Been Messin’ Up the Bulletin Board?” Chapter member, Janet brought to our attention recently an inconsistency in the Christmas episode that I’d never noticed so I thought I’d share it with you.  You’ll want visit the Photos link over on our Facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/twochairs) to see screen shots of the things I’m talking about in this episode when you have a chance. The magical card switch is easy to see (time 1:51 into episode on season DVD) when you watch the episode so pay attention when you watch the episode this Christmas.

Since next week is Christmas week, I’m going to play Miss Ellie singing “Away in a Manger” to close out to the show.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the iMayberry.com/podcasts website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode.

Related Links:

Two Chairs No Waiting is brought to you by WeaversDepartmentStore.com.

Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Two Chairs No Waiting Shop

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Ken Anderson December 15, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Great Podcast. I bet the magic of the Christmas Card must have been the same magic that kept messing up Barney’s hair and combing it again, and the same magic that made his badge disappear and reappear when Gentleman Dan stayed as a guest.

Floyd December 15, 2009 at 10:58 pm

You know…it might be that same magic. I never thought of it. Kind’a like Frosty the Snowman’s hat. 🙂 Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

Janet Anderson December 16, 2009 at 12:18 am

When I looked at the screen captures you posted on the Facebook page, I thought, “Say, it looks like Andy is holding the original Hilda Mae card” in the shot where Barney is holding a different card. Listening to the podcast, I realized this was the case. So thanks for pointing that out, Allan.

I’m glad you included Ellie and Andy’s version of “Away in a Manger” to end the podcast. The more I hear it, the more I love it. It’s so simply, yet beautifully, done which is so appropriate for the song. I love Christmas music and have many different recorded versions of “Away in a Manger,” but this is one of my favorites.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Floyd December 16, 2009 at 6:43 am

Thank you for pointing out the Magical Changing Christmas Card. Without your pointing it out I certainly wouldn’t have thought of doing this episode.

The “Away in a Manger” sung by Elinor Donahue is certainly one of my favorites. I only wish there had been more Christmas music on TAGS.

Merry Christmas!

Randy Outland December 21, 2009 at 11:47 am

Allen,

I bought an iPod Touch about 8 weeks ago and found your podcasts. I wanted to listen to all of them before I e-mailed you. I listened to 5-10 podcasts each week, at least one per day. After listening to you daily (or more) for 8 weeks, I feel as though I have a new friend. Thanks for the great podcasts. I love them.

“Randy from Raleigh”
Randy Outland
Kinston, NC

Floyd December 22, 2009 at 12:47 pm

Randy, thank you so much for listening! Thank you, as well, for considering me a friend. I hope that you’ll continue to enjoy the show even after listening to the 12 plus hours of me talking that you’ve already heard. You’re a true friend to listen that long and still enjoy it. 🙂 –Allan