Two Chairs No Waiting 1: George Lindsey Interview Part 1

by Floyd on October 11, 2008

Host: Allan Newsome
Special Guest: George Lindsey
Running time: 0:12:51

Two Chairs No Waiting

Two Chairs No Waiting

For our first episode of Two Chairs No Waiting, TAGS and Mayberry RFD star George Lindsey is our special guest.  This interview was my very first ever and it was recorded back in 1998.  The interview was done in Jim Clark’s living room in Nashville, TN.  Present in the room was George “Goober” Lindsey, Jim “Presiding Goober” Clark, Kenneth “Otis” Junkin, and Allan Newsome.

This is part 1 of a four part interview with George Lindsey.

Related Links:

Two Chairs No Waiting is brought to you by WeaversDepartmentStore.com.

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

Adam Newsome October 13, 2008 at 5:05 pm

Dad, you better tell your fans about me and my site!!

NOTE FROM ALLAN: You bet Adam….Adam has a website called AdamNewsome.com and he posts some things that…well…you have to read them to understand….he is my son.

Emmett October 13, 2008 at 5:44 pm

I like it, Floyd. Do some more.

Marsha Scheuermann October 14, 2008 at 6:55 am

We love this – great idea! Keep ’em coming as you can; we’ll be watching for more! Even Poor Horatio listened to half of them…

Scott Smith October 14, 2008 at 12:15 pm

Thanks Allan for all you do for us Mayberry “Nuts”! As always I enjoyed seeing you, David and the rest of the great tribute artists at Mayberry Days. Hopefully next year will be less soggy!

“Lots of luck to you and yours”

Jeff Branch "Howard" October 14, 2008 at 1:45 pm

Floyd,

I really like the podcast and you have done a wonderful job. Mother said she is proud of you. Howard

Dud October 14, 2008 at 2:02 pm

That’s mighty fine, Allan. Lookin’ forward to the next one. If I can ever do anything to help, let me know.

David "The Mayberry Deputy" Browning October 14, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Allan,

You continue to amaze me with your talent and knowledge. This is just what we needed to move to the next step in our enjoyment of TAGS. Thanks for allowing Patty and I to be your friends. We treasure each time we get to perform with you.

auh2o October 17, 2008 at 8:04 am

Hey Allan!

I loved it, very nice! Please, keep up the good work.

Kevin Burke October 17, 2008 at 11:30 am

Allan,

I enjoyed the podcast and look forward to listening to the upcoming podcasts!

Best wishes from your “Brother in Podcasting,”

Kevin Burke

Gollywobbler October 17, 2008 at 3:03 pm

As Andy would say – OUTSTANDING! I’m sure it is a lot of hard work to pull this type of presentation together, but as far as I’m concerned it is worth it. It’s always great to hear the actual character’s opinions and thoughts on the show. Please do another one – or three.

C Darlin' October 19, 2008 at 2:11 pm

Allan,

I loved your podcast; I really enjoyed listening to George Lindsey. Thank you for giving all of us the opportunity to hear these talented actors reflect on TAGS era. Can’t wait until the next podcast is on. God bless you.

C Darlin’

CJ October 23, 2008 at 6:07 pm

Very nice Allan, I have enjoy listening to them both. It’s kind of nice to close your eyes and imagine it is going in front of me. VERY NICE!!!!

tiltjlp May 9, 2011 at 2:00 am

I’ve just finished listening to all your podcasts Allan, in less than a week, while online. Just like the episodes I keep rewatching on DVD, i’ll be listening to the podcasts over and over. I’m sure I’ll get more from them every time I listen to them. Thanks for dedication to the greatest show ever.

Tim Bradshaw January 16, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Great Interview ! Allan, I enjoyed this a lot…I have been radomally listening to the older podcast, but tonight I decided the best way to do this is to start with #1 ! You certianly did a great job on this your first one for sure. Outstanding…very professional. Man you are a fortunate person to have had the chance to know and interview George Lindsey. This is a real treasure. Well, on to Part II.

Floyd January 16, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Hey Tim,
I’m glad you enjoyed the episode! Don’t miss the other episodes that were part of the George Lindsey interview. George was a wonderful man and was always so nice to me.