Host: Allan Newsome
Special Guest: James Best
Running time: 0:13:26
James Best is best remembered by most as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from “The Dukes of Hazzard” but fans of “The Andy Griffith Show” will remember him as guitar player Jim Lindsey. Mr. Best is a very kind person and someone that fans fall in love with even more following a personal meeting.
This interview was recorded on June 26, 1998.
Q. Who was playing the guitar for Jim Lindsey, was it really James Best?
A. James did NOT play his own songs. James can’t play a guitar. James has stated at reunion events that he thought Herb Ellis was the one doing the actual playing of the guitar in those episodes but James wasn’t certain.
Earle Hagen was the music director for The Andy Griffith Show and he himself told TAGSRWC’s own Paul Mulik that the person playing was Barney Kessel so that’s good enough for me. Earle ought to know.
Tell your friends about the Two Chairs No Waiting podcast and don’t forget to leave your comments or ask a question or two on the iMayberry.com/podcasts website or by using the contact information given in the podcast.
- The Official James Best Website
- James Best Art – Website of celebrity artist James Best. James is best known for his role as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane on the 1980’s hit show “The Dukes of Hazzard”
- James Best Screencap Gallery – Mr. Best appeared in more than 80 films, hundreds of television shows, and was acting for quite a while before his Andy Griffith Show appearance.
- James Best on Facebook – Be a “friend” of James Best on Facebook
- Twitter James Best – Follow James Best on Twitter
Two Chairs No Waiting is brought to you by WeaversDepartmentStore.com.
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Two Chairs No Waiting Shop