Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:19:58
For the last two episodes of Two Chairs, we’ve been remembering one great who the town of Mayberry and the city of Nashville has lost. Sadly, both places and Mayberry fans around the globe lost a second great on May 16, 2012.
Doug Dillard, the banjo playing Darling boy from The Andy Griffith Show, passed away Wednesday May 16, 2012. He was 75 years old.
Doug was a fan favorite at Mayberry Days in Mt. Airy, NC each year from the beginning of celebration of The Andy Griffith Show. His performances drew fans and delighted all who attended.
Let’s explore the career of this talented man.
Follow me on Twitter if you use twitter. I’ve been posting Mayberry things there as another way to let folks know about The Andy Griffith Show.
Don’t forget to leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. We’d love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- TAGSRWC Facebook Page – http://www.facebook.com/tagsrwc
- TAGSRWC Facebook Page Images – http://on.fb.me/JiUxea
- Doug Dillard Obituary – http://tagsrwc.com/the_ebullet/doug-dillard-obituary/
- Mayberry Memorials – Doug Dillard Memorial – http://www.imayberry.com/memorial/
- Audible.com – Support the podcast and get a free book! For you, the listeners of Two Chairs No Waiting, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 14-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service. Over 100,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player.
Executive Producers of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #189: Jan Newsome
Visit the Two Chairs No Waiting store and share your love for the show.
Subscribe to Two Chairs No Waiting