Host: Allan Newsome
Guest Teacher: Tom Rusk
Running time: 0:47:37
Thank you for joining me for the Mayberry Bible Study Podcast.
Download the full lesson plan so you can follow along as you listen to the study.
Andy, as the Justice of the Peace, has married Charlene Darling to Dud Wash. However, Ernest T. Bass believes they aren’t truly married since he isn’t a real preacher. Ernest T. tries to woo Charlene and schemes to keep the wedding from taking place. But Andy has a trick
of his own up his sleeve that involves our favorite deputy!
Some of the points we’ll hit during this study are below. For a complete list, download the lesson plan.
- Communication (Speak now or forever hold your peace) – Isaiah 6:9-10
- Commotion ( For better or worse) – 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 and 4:16-18
- Commitment (….Till death do us part….) – John 16:33
- Mountain Wedding – More information about this episode (and all the others) of The Andy Griffith Show can be found at Mayberry.info.
- The Way Back to Mayberry: Lessons From a Simpler Time by Joey Fann – Weaver’s Department Store, this is a truly wonderful book inspired by the creator of the Mayberry Bible Study that has been sweeping the country.
- BarneyFife.com – Website originally created in 1998 to provide information about Joey Fann’s inspirational study based on themes from The Andy Griffith Show.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast mailing list – If you’re interested in receiving news about the Bible study and would like to be part of the actual studies, please go to the link and sign up for the mailing list for the podcast so I can keep you informed about upcoming episodes.
- Mayberry Bible Study Podcast Facebook Page – Follow us on Facebook
- iMayberry Community – Chapel & Mayberry Bible Study Group