Host: Allan Newsome
Running time: 0:40:00
It’s Christmas time in Mayberry so it’s time for our Christmas episode. The Andy Griffith Show only had one episode centered around a holiday and that was, of course, Christmas. Fans have watched time and again as Ben Weaver tries to get himself arrested so he can spend Christmas in jail with the Taylor’s and the Muggins’. It’s touched our hearts.
We’ll try to bring back that feeling as we go through Mayberry memories of Christmas time and try to make a new memory or two while we’re at it. There is a special guest back again this year from over in Dodge City. His name is Festus Haggen and he has a really good story to tell about Santa. There’s a new poem called “Mayberry Courthouse Christmas” written by Ronnie Felker (a.k.a. FearlessFife.com).
This Week in Mayberry History features Randy Turner himself with a Christmas greeting.
Finally, we hear from Elinor Donahue about recording “Away in a Manger” with Andy then we wrap up by hearing her sing.
It’s a wonderful life and I hope by the end of the show, we can all agree that everything is okay, in Mayberry.
Sign up for the Two Chairs E-mail Mailing List
Don’t forget to sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting e-mail mailing list. I want to be able to reach out to you if there’s a problem with the website and the best way to do that is by using a mailing list. Don’t worry, I won’t be filling your mailbox with e-mail but I would like to have a way to say “hey” if the need arises.
Please leave comments or ask questions on the TwoChairsNoWaiting.com website or using the contact information given in the podcast. I would love to have you be a part of our next feedback episode. Call the Two Chairs No Waiting Hot-line at (888) 684-8415 and leave a voice mail to be part of the show.
If you use iTunes, please visit the Two Chairs No Waiting page of the iTunes store and leave a review and rating.
- The Ghosts of Christmas Past
- Mayberry Christmas Playlist of Videos from the Newsome’s
- Christmas in Mayberry by Ben Sandifer
- Ronnie Felker (FearlessFife.com)
- Mark Staggs
- Charlie Monk: Andy and Opie Christmas (used with permission)
- Randy Turner
- Maggie “Charlene Darling” Peterson needs help (GoFundMe.com)
- Mayberry Man Movie
- The Andy Griffith Show Ambassadors Program
- Two Chairs No Waiting Merchandise
- Subscribe to The eBullet
- Sign up for the Two Chairs No Waiting Podcast mailing list
- iMayberry Community – http://imayberrycommunity.com/
- The Mayberry Historical Society – http://www.mayberry.info/
- The Mayberry Channel on YouTube.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/mayberrycom
Executive Producer of Two Chairs No Waiting Episode #612:
Be a Patreon patron and support the show – http://www.patreon.com/twochairs